I have a bunch of specialised lists to share with you folks, but I'll start off with something quite generic that contains songs that most people are likely to recognise. For fun's sake and because every list needs some kind of title, I'm calling this playlist, Just Run.
- M.I.A. - Paper Planes
- Night Like This - Shawn Desman
- Boom Boom Boom - Venga Boys
- Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull
- Firework - Katy Perry
- All of the Lights - Kanye West
- Grace Kelly - Mika
- My Body - Young the Giant
- Jump - Flo Rida
- Tightrope - Janelle Monae
- Raise Your Glass - Pink
- She's the Blade - Sugarcult
- Freaky Girl - Shaggy
- Some Nights - Fun.
- Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
- You're a Superstar - Love Inc.
- Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
- Omobolasire - Prozzak
- Ohio (Come Back to Texas) - Bowling for Soup
And there we have it - 20 songs at approximately 3.5 minutes each for a total of about 70 minutes - not enough time to run a half marathon, but enough time to get a good run in none-the-less.
Another point of interest attached to this list involves "Night Like This" by Shawn Desman. I saw him live at a local club. When he performed this song, he grabbed my hand, stared into my eyes, and had me sing along with him! I haven't washed my hand since. I joke. I kid. But really now, the man is f-i-n-e. If he was waiting for me at the end of the half marathon, perhaps my time would increase a tad! A girl can dream, right?!
Speaking of dreams, if you like this playlist how about a donation to make some realistic dreams come true for students in refugee camps.
Is there a song on this list that is connected to a memory for you? I'd love to hear about it!