Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Running Playlist - Do it Disney!

Who doesn't love Disney? I sure do! The super fun songs from classic Disney movies provide a nice change from typical running tunes. I've got songs from The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Marry Poppins, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Snow White, Pocahontas, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Lady and The Tramp, and Mulan. You recognise all of those right? Ok, then I have a couple songs from movies I've never heard of - The Monkey's Uncle and The Wonderful World of Color. Finally, I have the Mickey Mouse Club theme song and a sing-a-long song from the 1930s. Let's do something fun; I'll post the songs and you guess which Disney film they're from! I like games; don't you?

When you do as much running as I do, you quickly tire of the same old playlists which is the major reason I've decided to create and post these. I know how difficult it is to find good running music. Round 1 = Just Run. Now for Round 2:

Do it Disney

  • Circle of Life
  • Under the Sea
  • Hakuma Matata
  • I Just Can't Wait to Be King
  • Chim Chim Cheree
  • Spoonful of Sugar
  • Monkey's Uncle
  • Work Song
  • Minnie's Yoo Hoo
  • Be Our Guest
  • One Jump Ahead
  • Gaston
  • Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
  • Bare Necessities
  • Let's Go Fly a Kite
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
  • Heigh Ho
  • Colors of the Wind
  • O-de-lally
  • I'm Professor Ludwig Von Drake
  • The Siamese Cat Song
  • Make a Man Outta You


There you have it Disney-loving runners - 22 songs at approximately 2.5 minutes each for a total of 55 minutes. That's a short, but good run and might be just enough Disney. I'll admit, as much as I love Disney, the songs start to all sound the same at a certain point of extended listening. This list should be just enough to keep you singing along and bopping your head while you run your heart out!

If these songs made you grin, how about making my day and donating to my run? - I'll sing you a Disney song ;)

What's your favorite Disney movie? song?




No comments:

Post a Comment