Thursday, August 2, 2012

Running Playlist - Save a Stationary Bike, Ride a Cowboy!

This is installment #3 of my Running Playlist blog posts. #1 Just Run! #2 Do It Disney! I'm trying to come up with a diverse array of tunes because I get bored so quickly. The new iPod Shuffle I had to buy because I misplaced my other one has room for 2GB of music. 2GB is a lot. 2GB is about 500 songs. 2GB is about 37.5 hours of music. I sure as shit better finish my half marathon in that amount of time - about a tenth of that would be satisfying, but I'm hoping for less than that. What's really fun about having that much space for music on such an itty bitty device is that I can load all of my awesome playlists and listen to whichever ones I want. Shuffles are very basic though, so switching playlists requires a lot of skipping through individual songs, but I don't have much else to do while running anyway so $50 for 37.5 hours of music sounds good to me.

Ok, now to the playlist. I grew up in a very small town - shout out to Gilbert Plains, Manitoba (if you're lucky, you'll be able to find it on a map). In actuality, I didn't grow up in the town; I grew up on the farm and that's where my enjoyment of country music and this playlist comes from: Save a Stationary Bike, Ride a Cowboy!


  • Back Where I Come From - Kenny Chesney
  • High Maintenance Woman - Toby Keith
  • Blame It On Your Heart - Patty Loveless
  • Chicks Dig It - Chris Cagle
  • Cotton Eye Joe - Rednex
  • Last Name - Carrie Underwood
  • Pick Up Man - Joe Diffie
  • Watermelon Crawl - Tracy Byrd
  • Better Things To Do - Terry Clark
  • Kick A Little - Little Texas
  • Boot Scootin Boogie - Brooks & Dunn
  • Up - Shania Twain
  • These Are My People - Rodney Atkins
  • I Like It, I Love It - Tim McGraw
  • You Can't Lose Me - Faith Hill
  • Kiss This - Aaron Tippin
  • Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - Big & Rich

Clearly the title of this playlist is inspired by the last song on the list. I don't care how you do it, just sweat a little from time-to-time! I only included one song from each artist on the list, but if I had to pick just one country music artist to run to, I'd pick Toby Keith. He's got a bunch of upbeat songs perfect for working out. A few others I enjoy are: How Do Like Me Now, Shoulda Been a Cowboy, Beer For My Horses (Willie can rock!), Red Solo Cup, and I Love This Bar. I Love This Bar is kind of slow, but it was huge when I was in college and it brings back some of the best memories I have from those two years of my life. Sometimes a song doesn't have to be upbeat to give you that extra get-up-and-go; it just needs to make you feel good. 

You know what else makes me feel good? DONATIONS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment