Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It Hurts to Pee

I dread the twinge in my bladder that tells me I need to go pee, but not for any of the reasons that are likely going through your mind right now. The actual act of urination isn't painful at all. Before copping a proper squat, I have to physically brace myself so that I can lower my body down to the sitting position o-so-gently. When I've finished my business, I, once again, have to brace myself in order to return to a standing position.

PLYOMETRICS - that is why!

I described plyo a bit better a few posts back. It's one of the best workouts I've ever done. By the time I'm finished, I'm dripping sweat from every orifice of my being and can barely stand because my legs are so shaky. Strength training, baby so that 21K in 172 days doesn't stand a chance. Did I mention I can jog for 9K straight now?! My next long jaunt goal is 15K - 10K of which will be jogging. Sunday's the day!

As for fundraising...my lovely friends and family have contributed $285 (5% of my goal) so far! My honey fundraiser, I sold 140 jars at $2 profit a jar for a total of ... who's got mad math skilz? ... $280! That means, overall, I have $565 for the SRP!


No comments:

Post a Comment